Thursday, April 2, 2009

Blog it out...

“Oh no... Blog....”That was what popped in my mind when we were asked to blog for EDU3217 by Dr.Edwin. I am not the blogging type of person. Initially, I found this task was a real burden on me.
However, towards the end of blogging, I realise why Dr.Edwin asked us to do so. First of all, there are some ‘morons’ (well that’s what Dr.Edwin calls us) who does not know about blogs, and this provided them an opportunity to know about it. :-)
Blogging for this subject allows us to reflect on what we have learned in the class. We also are able to reflect and give a piece of our mind on others post, this in a way makes the learning process continue through blogging. As we are required to reflect when we blog, we go through discovery learning. For example, when we were required to blog about Teiresias, we had to Google to find source about him and in a way did our learning about him.
Besides, blogging gives us the freedom to write what we want (for this particular blog, as long as it is related to EDU 3217). It is not necessarily should be for 400 words. You can even post a post which has 200words, as long as it reflective. Blog also let us to get individual feedback from our friends and lecturer. Further, using a blog allows us to publish and share our ideas, and others are able to read and respond on it. This blog for EDU 3217 actually engage each of us in an open conversation regarding this subject.

I think that using a blog helps learners improve their writing competencies. When Dr.Edwin informs that my post were not reflective, I asked my friends on ways to make it reflective. I edited my previous post to make it better. I realised that my following posts were more reflective that the earlier four posts. Thus, it shows that participants get better at reflecting and expressing reflections in writing.

Another advantage that I notice using blog is we are able to edit our posts. It is not like the forums that we participated in last semester. Once we post in forum, we cannot change anymore. If there is a mistake we have to post another one. However, in blog, we can still edit in the same post that was done earlier.

If anyone ask, “Will continue to blog after this?”
My answer will certainly be YES. Maybe it might not be for educational purpose, yet I will continue to blog. Adios!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment